This does not include, $5 dollar coffees everyday or eating out 2 out of 3 meals a day. It doesn’t include going to the club, the movies, golfing, etc. It’s about living. Food, Water, Shelter, Light, Heating/Cooling, etc.
This part of your budget and the percentage it will require depends on what your currently spending on those items.
If you follow the 10% GIVE / 10% SAVE rule, you’ll have 80% percent of you income to work with, and basically whatever is left over is for PLAY. Of course you can always find ways to cut some of these living expenses as well to grow your GIVE, SAVE or PLAY percentages. This is all personal choices and what you’re willing to sacrifice now for the future you.
Here you will figure out the MONTHLY cost of the following:
- $_____ RENT/MORTGAGE
- House, apartment, loft, room, etc.
- $_____ HEATING/COOLING
- Electricity, Gas, Oil, Wood, Pellets, Etc.
- $_____ WATER/TRASH
- Generally city or county services
- $_____ COMMUNICATIONS
- Telephone Service
- Mobile Phone Service
- Internet Service
- $_____ HOME ENTERTAINMENT
- Cable, Dish, Streaming Services (Netflix, Hulu, Etc.)
- Game services, Fiction Books, Fiction Audio Books
- $_____ TRANSPORTATION
- Auto Payment, Uber/Lyft, Public Trans., Parking
- $_____ EDUCATION
- School Loan, eLearning, Books, Trade School
- $_____ INSURANCE
- Health, Life, Home, Automobile
- $_____ GROCERIES/HOUSEHOLD
- Pantry Food (cans, jars, pasta and dry goods), Refrigerated Food & Beverages, Frozen Foods,
- Cleaning Supplies, Paper Supplies, Etc.
- Supplements (Vitamins)
- $_____ CLOTHING/HIGHGENE
- Coats, Jackets, Sweaters, Shoes, Socks, Under Garments, Shirts, Pants, Hats, Gloves, Etc.
- Haircare, Footcare, Toothcare, Makeup, Deodorant
- $_____ MEDICAL
- Gym, Co-Pays, Prescriptions, Dentist, Glasses, Contacts, Hearing Aids
- $_____ TOTAL